- Official club name: Friendship Force of Wisconsin-Madison
- Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States of America
- Number of members: 132
- Date founded: January 1978
- Club website: www.ffwis.org
- Club Facebook: Friendship Force of Wisconsin-Madison
- Best months for hosting: May through September
- Closest major airport: Chicago O’Hare International
- Closest regional/local airport: Dane County Regional Airport, Madison, Wisconsin (MSN)
- Cost of transportation between the airport and our city:
- By bus: From Chicago O’Hare $30 one way. Dane County Airport is local.
- By train: Not available.
- Maximum number of Ambassadors our club can host: 20
About the club:
Our club usually has two outbound and two inbound Journeys each year. Our members have traveled and hosted extensively. We love to travel and meet people. We also enjoy hosting ambassadors and sharing highlights of our community and culture with them. Within our club, we offer social, educational, and service activities for memmbers so as to become better acquainted with each other and to offer opportunities for new members to immediately be included.
About the region:
Madison is the capital of the State of Wisconsin with a magnificent capitol building situated on an isthmus between two lakes. We also are home to the University of Wisconsin, a major teaching and research university with over 40,000 students. Wisconsin is known for milk, beer, cheese and cranberry production plus Friday night fish frys. Madison features the Monona Terrace Convention Center, a Frank Lloyd Wright design, the Overture Center for the Arts designed by Cesar Pelli, a pavilion from Thailand located at Olbrich Botanical Gardens, and the bustling Dane County Farmers Market on the capitol square.
About the Journey:
Our goal for a Journey is to have the ambassadors share in the daily life of their host. We plan activities for the group which showcase the highlights of our area, but also leave time for the hosts to experience things of special interest to them and their guests. We have small dinner gatherings for the group, and a welcome and farewell dinner party to send guests on their way. Our agenda is flexible and our hosts have a wide range of backgrounds and interests. We make each Journey a special occasion uniquely tailored to our guests. Madison has been ranked a highly livable city many times, and we love to share it with visitors.